Steve Henson brings years of experience in vocational education and has worked with many schools in the district to better understand their needs.
- Steve supported legislation to reform the Zell Miller Scholarship program to make it accessible to students throughout out Georgia.
- Steve supported legislation to help fund higher teacher salaries and after school programs. Steve supported SB 243, which passed the Senate in 2013, to provide transparency and prevent abuses in the Student Scholarship Organization system.
- Steve will continue to work to reduce student/teacher ratios and promote excellence in our schools.
- Steve supported HB 372, which passed into law in 2013, to expand access to the HOPE Grant for technical schools.
- Steve works closely with schools to help increase parental involvement to make sure they get the support they deserve.
- Steve has been endorsed by the Georgia Association of Educators.